Sunday, April 27, 2008

SPRING FLING AND COFFEE AND YARN SWAP TOPIC #4

It is already time for topic #3 in the Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap so here goes.

Let's pretend for a minute we all live in the home of our dreams, have land, and don't have to work so time is unlimited! It's Spring planting season! What would you grow? A little veggie garden? A bed of bright spring blooms? Or is your thumb so far from green that the only thing you'd be planting is your tushy into a nice chair on the porch to get some knitting or crocheting done in the nice breeze?

I would be planting both veggies and flowers. I would have a perennial garden and lots of wild flowers. Of course, I would also plant lots of annuals as they fill in the garden so nicely. BUT I would also grow lots and lots of veggies. Lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, Swiss chard, green, yellow and purple beans, broad beans, peppers also as well as beets, carrots, watermelon, cantaloup, pumpkins, squash and many other. I wouldn't forget a herb garden either. I would talk to my flowers and veggies and tell them all how beautiful the flowers are and tasty the veggies are. When I finished playing in my garden I would put my tushy in a nice soft chair and knit while having a nice cold drink.

No comments: