Monday, April 7, 2008

I HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING INTERESTING IN THIS POST

If you read my blog you know I knit the first Wednesday evening of the month at Chapters. I decided to post some of the wonderful items created and being created by the very talented women there. Well those that were there this past Wednesday evening. I think you will agree that there are some very lovely items in the following photos.
The Hanami Shawl Another area of the Hanami Shawl.
A knitted sock.
A knitted skirt.
Close-up of the knitted skirt.
A crocheted sneaker.
A felted tote bag.
If I remember correctly this is a part the front maybe of a BABY sweater. This will be a wrist warmer.
A completed Kauni sweater.
Another sock on the needle.
The Rock Star Scarf. A scarf being knit width way.

There were a few others but they were too small to photograph being just started. Of course, being the photographer my knitted items are not shown.

Yes I am working on a few items and No you won't see them in ravelry yet. I am almost finished with my special project. I had to get some help yesterday at Rams while I was there. Something was puzzling me. It was decided that the designer put too much information in the pattern making it confusing. I am on my way now and should have it done in just a few days OOPs I forgot I have something else to do to it once I finish what I learned at Rams AND then I will have it out in the mail. I am also working and almost finished with my whoduknit project for the book The last Kashmiri Rose and will be showing you that shortly also. Then there is my Harvest Sock. I think in about 16 rows I will be ready to turn the heel. So sometime this week I will have photographs of the above projects.

I hope to start on my monkey socks by the weeks end if not sooner. I have purchased all my monkey goodies and yarn. I like what I have and I hope my partner will also. I even purchased something for my Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap partner. BUT I certainly would like some ideas of what I can knit her that screams SPRING!!!!! So bring on those ideas. You all know I love comments on my blog and now here is your chance to send them my way.

Yes I was at Ram's Saturday for the spring sale and I guess you want to know what I purchased. All I can show you at this time is some lovely yarns. One is for me and one is for someone else. Oh dear I can't even show you what is for someone else since it is no longer in a skein form. You will have to wait a while to see what it turns into. BUT here is mine, an Arequipa sock yarn. It is an Estelle Design Yarn.

I had a good time at Rams Saturday. I met and gabbed with several of the gals in my knitting get together evenings. We looked at what each other was purchasing, adding more yarns and taking other yarns out of our baskets, checking out patterns. Ram had several patterns they were giving away free. Here is what I chose to take home with me.
My girlfriend picked me up at Rams after I finished shopping (she doesn't knit or crochet) and we went to for a salad, a belated birthday treat for me. Then we went to the movies. We went to the cheap movies ($3.00 it was Saturday) and saw The Bucket List. I loved it. I laughed and I cried and I laughed until I cried. I recommend it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

I got some very good news on Friday but I don't want to say anything until I am 100% sure and I should know by mid week BUT who knows I may even know on Monday. When I do I will share it with you.

OH YES I also purchased yarn at Wolseley Wardrobe during Mona's spring sale Here is what I got. Again I can't show anything else as it may go to a swap partner or two.

I never got around to posting the first weekly question/topic in the Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap but I am not going to miss the second weekly topic which is:

Since some of us is beginning to see glimpse of Spring, while others are still getting snow have you change what projects are working on? Have you put away the hats, scarfs and mittens, and brought out the cute tank top sweater projects and lacy wraps? Have you change yarn to something more lighter and cooler, not so heavy and bulky?

I knit a lot of socks, totes, bags and toys and do so all year. I now knit shawls and can do that all year also. As for scarves and hats I will knit those in the spring and summer if the desire strikes. After all I have to be ready again when fall and winter arrive. Not that I don't have enough hats and scarves.

Now I need to go and photograph my worst FUG and enter the contest over at Crochet All Day http://www.crochetallday.com/2008/04/contest-winnersnew-contest-alert.html.

I actually have a "horror" I will never finish. I was thinking of taking it for a very long walk off a very very short pier. Forget the snorkel and fins and swimming in the frog pond on this one. What was I ever thinking when I started this?

Here is what I need to do.

1. Post a picture/story of your worst FUG by April 18th
2. Link back to me (Crochet all Day) in your post.
3. Let me know you've posted.
4. I'll create a poll.
5. You can get your friends to vote for the FUGGIEST FUG.
6. The winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the Loopy Ewe.

Of course, dear readers you can go and enter the contest also. I can't wait to see what everyone submits.

I caught Solara sleeping again but this time on her tall scratching post that also has a bed for her. That is my messy bedroom with an unmade bed in the background. Oh and the crewel tree of life I did way back in the 70's.

3 comments:

Team Knit said...

Oooh, I've been coveting that Hanami shawl for a while- it looks incredible. Must be a fun group.

- JUlie

Rudee said...

I have the pattern and the yarn for hanami. The bigger question right now is do I have the patience? Or the time. It may be a summer treat with all the other wips I have going. And sock wars about to start. I won't knit anything but socks until I die or win sock wars. Yikes.

I am shipping your package today sockmaniac sock swap buddy.

arrivederci for now

Miss Me said...

fun looking knitting group and i can't wait to see your FUG! pop over to my place and you will finally see some photos of that GREAT scavenger hunt swap package you sent me! : )