Monday, April 28, 2008

SO MUCH TO SAY HERE IS A SECOND POST TODAY

Well I just got back from my Avon meeting and came home with some pink carnations. I am now #12 in my district. Looks like I need to do a bit more work so I can get into the top 10. I don't get anything special when I do. I want to accomplish it for me. I have a ways to go to get to the next award level and I don't think I will make it this year again. I have been trying to reach it for three years now since it started and was closest the first year the new level was started. I took my new sock bag with my monkey socks to the meeting with me and worked on them while I was there.

Last week I received some lovely yarns from a friend who was destashing. Here I am moving and instead of destashing myself I am collecting. LOL That shows how I am a true yarnaholic.

Here is what I now have in my stash.

Knit Picks Palette one skein in several colors. This will be good for felting. A skein of Patons SWS. I love the color. I don't know why sometimes my photos show up sideways but I figured out how to fix it. It looked like this when I took the picture but when I checked after it was sideways in the camera???? A skein of Lang Tosca AND I didn't realise I had these, one skein of red and one skein of white Smart yarn. Nice yarns, eh?

Not only am I packing for my move, getting ready for my Avon to be delivered on Thursday (where oh where am I going to set it all up for bagging I have no idea - you should see my place now) but I am knitting. It is a great stress reliever. I am working on my monkey socks for my monkey swap 4 pal. I have completed the cuff and leg of the first sock and the cuff of the second sock.

Here is the leg of my monkey sock. AND here is a better view of the cuff. I have knitted the cuff from the Giotto sock pattern.

Here is one side of the sockand here is the other side of the sock. It seems that the two sides look different. HMMM I wonder if the second sock will look the same or will they turn into fraternal socks. Only time will tell.
They are being knit with Lorna Laces Tuscany #403. I have picked up some really nice treats for her also. It is a package that will be hard to part with.

I also need to start my Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap spring hand crafted item. I know what I am going to make and it shouldn't take long. I need to pick out her yarn and a few other goodies to add to what I already have and it will be ready to mail in a few days.

On the topic of the Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn Swap, the weekly topic #5 is up on the blog. The topic to answer this week is:

You know with Spring the famous saying goes "April Showers, bring May flowers", please tell us what you like to do when those April Showers are pouring down on you. Do you like to curl up with your knitting, take in a movie or crawl back in bed?

I like to knit with the TV on and a nice cup of coffee and sometimes a nice cup of tea depending on my mood or I may read. Definitely if it is thundering out you would find me in bed under the covers. I don't like boomers and I don't like lightening.

Here are a couple more photos of Solara in my Monkey Swap package.

If you look carefully at this photo you will see one of my partner's Monkey Socks in progress under my Monkey Swap Box.

No comments: