Wednesday, April 16, 2008

FUNNIES, SADNESS, SILLINESS AND STRANGENESS

A Funny to start off with

Today's Market Activity

Helium was up.
Feathers were down.
Paper was stationary.
Fluorescent tubing was dimmed in light trading.
Knives were up sharply.
Cows steered into a bull market.
Pencils lost a few points.
Hiking equipment was trailing.
Elevators rose, while escalators continued their slow decline.
Weights were up in heavy trading.
Light switches were off.
Mining equipment hit rock bottom.
Diapers remain unchanged.
Shipping lines stayed at an even keel.
The market for raisins dried up.
Coca Cola fizzled.
Caterpillar stock inched up a bit.
Sun peaked at midday.
Balloon prices were inflated.
Scott Tissue touched a new bottom.

AND another funny.





This is to ease into the Sadness. A funeral needs to be held. You can hear the music can't you?
Another of my socks a favorite sock yet has a hole in the heel. Funny how it went into the dryer in fine shape only to come looking like this HMM I don't know if it is fixable and thus a funeral may need to be held. I have another sock that also has a hole in it only the hole is on the sole of the foot. How do you get a hole in the foot? Thinking I could darn it I ordered a darning egg from Elann but alas have yet to make the attempt. Oh yes you want to know when I purchased this darning egg. Only about a year ago. It is with the UFO projects.

BUT I have an idea.

Silliness
I will be an adult Punky Brewster.

Not only will I wear two different socks but I will even wear two different pair of make believe croc shoes!!! I will go out tonight like this and see if anyone notices. I don't want to waste the socks and wearing two different shoes makes this even funnier. Of course, having bright fuchsia hair in the front of my face tops the outfit. Now what to wear to have the shoes and socks stand out. Definitely not long pants. Yes I will go out looking loony tonight.

Strangeness
My Sockamaniac Surprise Swap package was received yesterday by my partner. Phew it arrived intact and didn't get lost. I mailed it Monday April 7 and it arrived Tuesday April 15. BUT strange it went from where I live in central Canada and almost dead center of the country to the east all the way to Mississauga (Toronto) for processing before it came back west and south of me to Warren MI. Warren MI is not that far from me. We get their TV stations. It probably would have arrived sooner if it wasn't side tracked or diverted to Ontario first. I sometimes wonder who makes up these routes of travel for our parcels. We do have customs here in my city and we have a very large postal building downtown. Maybe it doesn't belong to the post office anymore. I am awaiting mine from my partner now. Usually it is quicker to get here from the US than it is to go to the US. I wonder if the package also has to be routed through Ontario before it comes here?

Last night I had two choices of places to go knitting and I didn't go to either. Isn't that the way. I knew where I had planned to go but Monday evening my fingers were quite swollen and by Tuesday morning not only were my fingers swollen but so was my face mainly on the left side but both sides of my upper lip. I took the last Benadryl I had BUT no way was I going out looking like I did. In the middle of the afternoon my friend dropped by to pick up her Avon long time sitting in my apt and when I spoke to her later on the phone she said "you looked awful". Not much of the swelling had gone down to make my appearance acceptable in time for me to go out and I was very tired due to the Benadryl so I stayed home and knitted just a little while I watched DWTS vote off. Remember I had to re-knit half the cuffs of my monkey socks. I almost finished them. I was too sleepy to knit much but the cuffs will be completed later this evening. AND yes I will post the teaser photo of the cuffs in my next post.

I did promise to answer weekly topic 3 from the Spring Fling Coffee and Yarn swap. Here is the topic

Tell us how you started drinking coffee. Were you in high school or college and making it through all nighters? Did you get it from a family member? What drives your love of the bean?

When I was way to young to drink coffee I had my first sips. I hated white milk and still do. To get me to drink my milk I had to have a flavoring put in it such as chocolate or vanilla flavoring BUT my most favorite was to have coffee added. I would watch as a couple of spoons would be put in my milk and it would be stirred. If I couldn't see a color change I wanted more or it would still taste like milk. My obsession and love of coffee just continued to grown as I got older and the spoonfuls added to my milk ended up being spoonfuls of milk added to my coffee. I just love the taste of coffee. AND I love flavored coffees (except for Irish Cream and anything with a black licorice flavor) and I also love iced coffee. Only now since Starbucks has arrived in Canada do more people understand "ice" coffee. Small restaurants unfortunately still don't. I love coffees that I can't get. I savor them. AND I enjoy having a sweet with my coffee.

Since I started with funnies I will also end with funnies. Enjoy and thanks to all my friends who share these with me.

First woman on the moon
You have to be old enough to appreciate this.
If you don't understand this you are too young.

And here is another funny on airline safety.


BUT I wouldn't really finish without photos of the "princess".

Here she is by the window.

AND here is another lovely portrait of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty little princess!!
WPGGAL

Rudee said...

I posted your package contents on my blog today. Thanks again. For the heel, look up info on an afterthought heel. Steek and knit up anew. You can do it. Choose a contrasting color and then do both heels so they match. It'll still be punky.