Wednesday, September 5, 2007

CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD QUESTIONNAIRE

There's 25 questions......one for each of the 25 days of the Christmas season!

1. Are you religious?
No and I am not Christian. I am Jewish but I feel I am more a spiritual person.

2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner Intermediate or Advanced?
I have been knitting ever since I can remember (school age) and I can’t believe the number of my age now but I still consider myself an advanced beginner - intermediate as there is so much more to learn.

3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?
Quilting and sewing but I can’t sew until I move until somewhere else, a little crocheting as long as there is no shaping, cooking, gardening when I had a garden, reading, playing on the computer and assorted other crafts.

4. Favorite color(s)?
Pinks, Blues, Reds, Purples, Black, White and some greens.

5. Do you collect anything?
Angels, Fairies, Cats, Americana (my bathroom is done in Americana), Cobalt Blue, yarn, books, patterns, fabrics which is on hold now until I am able to sew again.

6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals?
NO

7. Do you have any pets?
Yes one feline fur toddler, Solara who is 17 months.

8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate?
Of course.

9. Cookies or Sweets?
HMMMM YUMMY!!! I have a bad sweet tooth and am a cookie monster.

10. Do you knit socks?
Most definitely and it is one of my favorite projects to knit. I also love to knit (and felt)totes and bags. Lace is also something I have started knitting and am enjoying very much also.

11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits)
See above.

12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do?
Not a regular tree any more as my apt is too small. I had a small fiber optic tree but upon checking it, the tree no longer seem like it is usable now. At one time I had one tree with decorations and another smaller tree with editable decorations. That one was very easy to put that one away b/c everything on it was eaten. Not sure what I will do now.

13. Favorite holiday treats?
My homemade shortbread and eggnog

14. Favorite holiday smells?
Christmas dinner cooking, pine or a fresh Christmas tree

15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate.
Very non-traditional as there is just me and occasionally.

16. What are your favorite holiday traditions?
I really have none now as I live alone.

17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....”
sharing, loving, lights, and the spirit of giving.

18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….?
I think an angel.

19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given?
That is a very hard question for me. I really don’t know to be honest what was the best gift received and I love everything I give especially when I surprise someone with something they weren’t expecting.I try to make sure what I give is special to that specific person.

20. When do you start your Christmas?
On my budget I shop all year. I stopped knitting for friends when I discovered the items I knitted, sewn or made were never used and I got all kinds of excuses but I do knit for other knitters in groups. If I bake I start around October baking my shortbread cookies.

21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them?
I do both. Sometimes I send cards. Last year I found the neatest cat cards and sent them or gave them to all my friends. Some years I only send to those who live out of the city. Some of the groups I am in have Christmas card exchange and I have been known to join in but card sending also depends on the cash flow that year. Some years I have made cards.

22. What is your favorite Christmas dish?
I love it all. Turkey is one of my faves.

23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do?
I don’t know as I never had carolers at my door.

24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas afternoon I am not an early riser

25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both?
Sometimes I am invited to a friend’s house for dinner on Christmas day and other times I eat alone. I sometimes feel I am intruding on a family holiday and rather stay at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about knitting for those you don't appreciate it...if you want knitted gifts from me you've got to earn it!!

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Penny! Your shortbread sounds lovely :) That's always one of my favorites too. Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!