Friday, August 3, 2007

KNIT ONE TEA TOO QUESTIONAIRE

Here are the answers to my Knit One Tea Too questionnaire.

1. Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try?
I like both loose tea and bagged tea and love to try new teas.

2. What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)?
I don’t like any tea with licorice flavoring in it which includes fennel and anise. For a bagged tea, I discovered and liked Lipton’s Biscotti Tea but it seemed it is no longer available. It was great when I wanted a sweet treat and no calories. I like Jasmine Tea. Someone from the states sent me Salada Green Tea with Purple Antioxidants and enjoyed it (it is not available here). I also received from the states some Bentley’s White Tea (Peach Ginger) and Evolution White Tangerine Tea both which I liked and also can’t get here). BUT actually I like most all teas and am more than willing to try new flavors and varieties. What I drink depends on my mood when I am making it or craving it.

3. Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up).
Again I like them all. I am open to all colors. This should make it easy for my partner although I don’t like all colors of green (such as olive, limes and drabs).

4. Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind?
Again there are times I want a pot of tea (and more than two cups) and other times just a large cup of tea which will still give me two cups in my large mug. Even with company sometimes it is a pot of tea evening and other times it is just hot water tea if different teas are desired by everyone.

5. What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself?
HMMMMMMMMM I need to think on this one.

6. How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc).
I love chocolate, dark chocolate, expensive chocolate and HERSHEY’S chocolate. I also have a thing with cookies, cake and ice-cream. I am soooo bad!!!! AND I do adore Jelly Bellys. I sell Avon but still love treats for hands and feet so I do not mind receiving lotions and potions especially from those lovely bath shops in the states. I love going for manicures and pedicures when the finances allow it as there is nothing like being pampered.

7. If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why?
Probably cashmere as it is very soft and comforting.

8. If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why?
Since there is no choice for socks or lace shawls I would have to say I would knit a fun fur scarf. I have a bit of a thing for fun fur even if it is going out of fashion. Some of it is so soft, cuddly and fun.

9. What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?)
A knitting get together, knitting class, yarn crawl, knitting camp or a chance to go visit my friends in Florida.

10. What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?)
A tea party should have party sandwiches (the little round ones that look like pinwheels) made of: cream cheese with cherries, cream cheese with olives, egg salad, little cucumber sandwiches and dainties, lots of sweet treats since I can always have plain "ole" cookies at home.

11. When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute?
It depends on if the original yarn is available, if the original yarn comes in a color I want, the amount of yarn I need which leads into yes the cost of the yarn sometimes does play a factor in my choice,

12. What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go?
A Tote of some kind. I have several. Some were made for me by others or made by myself for me and a couple of real nice purchased ones I have purchased or have been given to me as gifts. Each project has its own carrying case depending on the size of the project. One can never have too many tote bags to carry their projects in like one can’t have too much stash.

13. Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting?
If it is complicated it will likely be a repeat program or something I don't need to pay a lot of attention to so I can concentrate more on the knitting. Otherwise, I just watch what is on the tube I intended to watch that evening.

14. Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match?
I like my tea in something large or my glass mug even though it is small. My favorite cup/mug is the new one I receive in a swap until the next new one is received or my glass mug. I used to love ceramic mugs. At a “real” tea party, fancy tea "cups" should be used and they can have mismatched cups and saucers.

15. Favorite childhood birthday party?
I have a photo of a myself at a birthday party when I was about three or four but I don’t remember it. I really only remember my sweet sixteen party. I had lots of friends help me celebrate. It was held at the Hawaii Kai (in NYC) and when we left there some of my friends came back to my house for a sleep over.

16. Favorite type of scone and jam?
I love raspberry jam, strawberry jam and grape jelly on fresh baked scones. I do not like marmalade of any kind as I don't like peels and citron.

17. If you use candles, what is your favorite scent?
I love candles and should burn them more often as I have lots. I like fresh scents, rose, gardenia (my favorite flower) and sandalwood.

18. If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead).
The first person I would choose would be my mother so I could get to meet her and know her as she died when I was only about two years. I would also like to have my grandmother (mom’s mom) as again I had no contact with her after my mom died and I do not remember her either. The third person to come to my tea party would be my other gramma (dad’s mom) so I could get to know her as an adult. Would I have to invite them together or could I have tea with them individually?

19. You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)?
Is this a formal and traditional old fashioned tea party or is this a friends getting together to have tea, tea party? I would love one day to have a real traditional type tea party in a garden where you wear white gloves and a hat.

20. Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to?
I am allergic to wasps but I doubt if anyone would want to send them. I do not like anything black licorice flavored.

21. Anything we missed that you want your pal to know?
I don’t smoke so items from my home are smoke free but I can’t say they are fur free since I have Solara, my furtoddler who loves to check everything out by that I mean sit on it, get in it if possible and maybe even take it somewhere. I am addicted to swaps.


WOW!! What a thorough questionaire. If you didn't know me before you sure know a little about me now even if I was a bit wishy washy in my answers.

2 comments:

SissySees said...

It's your tea party, so have it the way you want! Invite one guest or all three, or invite ten more. It's a bit hot here for a garden tea party, but there's a great hotel nearby that does a wonderful, formal tea...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the party! I'll bring over some lovely tea*, we can chat and knit socks together! It seems like you and I share many tastes, so I think it will be really fun to put your package together. Until then,

~your K1T2 pal

*any thoughts about your desired tea/colour? What about an answer to #5? Post them in another blogpost, please!