Sunday, October 21, 2007

WINTER WONDERLAND COFFEE SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE AND CONTEST

I am planning on joining the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap. You can find it here: http://wintercoffeeswap.blogspot.com/2007/10/introduction-and-contest.html

There is a contest already.

And now for the contest. It's simple!
Make a post on your blog, telling folks about this swap, and letting them know registration opens on October 24Th DONE
Comment here and let us know that you posted! DONE
Contest Ends October 23rd!

Oh and anyone can enter the contest and have a chance at winning and if you decide to join the swap you have more chances to win prizes in contests in this swap. So go on and give it thought.

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Questionnaire

Coffee

What are your favorite kinds of coffee? (Brands, Roasts, anything at all you'd like to share!) I am a bit of a coffee snub and if I can get the fancy kind I certainly do enjoy them such as Starbucks, fair trades, Second Cup and Gevalia. I even like Dunkin' Donuts brand coffee and Tim Horton’s. There are others, of course.

Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee?
I have a grinder so either is fine.

This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? Do you enjoy special blends?
YUP!!! I love flavored coffees and for the holiday I enjoy Eggnog flavored coffee. The only flavored coffee I really don’t care for is Irish Cream and I can’t say why exactly. I just don’t care for it. Oh and anything with a black licorice flavor which includes anise and fennel.

How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? Decaf?
I like cream and sugar or Splenda and coffee mate or flavored coffee whiteners. I have even been known to put honey in my coffee. I also like coffee iced and lattéd.

Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer?
Oh a nice big mug for me unless I am at a dinner party (LOL) then a lovely cup and saucer.
Winter and Holidays - PLEASE be descriptive! Your pal will need this information to be sure to put together a package you will enjoy!

What is your favorite part of Winter?
I really do not like winter but if the snow is sparkling, white and clean then I don't mind it for a very brief period such as light snow on Christmas Eve. Well I do like looking at the snow which could be just as nice if I was looking at a picture. I do like to be the first to walk in that lovely white sparkling stuff and have even been known to make a snow angel or two but I guess if I had my way I would go south where it is warm during the winter. I guess b/c it so cold here it can be hard to enjoy with layers and layers of clothes. Sometimes when it is too cold or snowy to go out and I can snuggle up on the couch with my knitting and/or a good book (and the computer now) is fun but anytime I can do that is fun no matter what the weather. I would love to add it would be nice when it is cold to have a fire in the fireplace but I can't since I don't have a fireplace. I guess I am just a dreamer. I really don't like the cold, damp cold, and bitter cold weather but then I don't like when it is too hot and humid either. Don't ya think this is a great answer.

Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday?
I like to celebrate both Christmas for the holiday and not the religious aspect as I am Jewish and Hanukkah. I love the Christmas lights, lighting my Hanukkah candles and the food. Living alone though it is hard to really celebrate holidays.

If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree?
I used to when I had a small one but it was in such disrepair I had to get rid of it. It was a nice small one with fiber optic lights. I even at one time had a second small tree I put editable treats on. That was an easy tree to put away. I have some lovely decorations but they are in my locker and we are not longer allowed to access the locker area. I do have a few decorations and my menorah in my apartment.

Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package?
I rather have a winter themed package. I just don’t want any Christian items. I would have to pass them on to someone who would have more use for them.

Do you collect anything? Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snowflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect?
I collect angels, fairies, cats, Americana, yarn, books, magazines and fabric for the time when I will be able to sew again.

Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats?
Where I live most definitely YES although I really don’t like hats unless it is bitterly cold out. I more often use scarves and/or the hood on my jacket.

What is your favorite holiday or winter treat?
Shortbread cookies with eggnog coffee.

Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory.

Yarn and Crafting

Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long?
I am a knitter. I have knitter ever since and I am decades old. How horrid no OLD that sounds. LOL I do crochet but very little and I don’t really know how to do crochet items that require shaping. Also, I don’t read or understand crocheting instructions as well as knitting instructions.

Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles\hooks? Circular or straight?
For socks I like wooden, and Bryspun. For non sock knitting I tend to use my Denise Cirs as straights. If I do use short straights I like wood and Bryspun also. There are occasions when a metal needle is needed. I usually find that out after I have broken the wooden one that I knew was not strong enough for the particular pattern I was working on.

What sort of projects do you enjoy making?
My most favorite is socks, sock, and socks. Then I like totes/bags including felting, shawls, toys and other odd items. I also enjoy dishcloths as they are a fast completed items. Of course, I knit scarves, baby items, afghans, wrist warmers and hats. I do not knit too many sweaters as I am always afraid it won’t fit. AH see I limit my self to items that do not require any fitting.

What are your favorite types of yarn to work with?
I have become a yarn snob and love all the yarns I can’t get locally and in Canada.

Do you spin or dye?
I have dyed yarn with Kool-Aid twice and will be dying yarn for the third time in the Hand Dyed Yarn Swap 2.
I am taking a 2-day spinning workshop in November and am very excited about that.

Do you do other crafts such as scrapbooking or needlepoint or anything else?
I quilt and sew. I almost completed my apparel design course but had to stop when it was no longer possible for me to sew in my apartment. I used to do needlepoint, embroidery and crewel but all those items are up in the locker area I can’t access anymore. I have started two cross stitch project a couple years ago and they are now UFOs. I don’t scrap book as I have nothing to scrap book. I have been known to make cards occasionally but I find it very expensive. Also, I used to do various other crafts but no more. I miss some of them.

General

When is your birthday?
Feb 4

Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!)
One feline fur toddler Solara who also likes to knit. She will be two March 3.

What are your favorite colors?
Pink, blue, red, purple, black and white. I don’t mind dark greens but not really lime green, yellow, orange and brown although if they are not predominate color in variegated skein that would be fine.

Do you have any allergies?
Wasps but I don’t think anyone would send me any. I do not like black licorice or anything with that flavor which includes anise, All Sorts and fennel. AND I don't smoke and don't like items that smell like they came from a smoker's home even if they have been and especially if they have been wrapped in dryer sheets.

No comments: