Sunday, October 14, 2007

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE HAVE SUNNY DAYS AT LAST

What a difference the sun makes. The last two days have been not only warmer than all week but sunnier also. I hope this continues for several more weeks. It would be nice if it stayed like this for Halloween for the kids. BUT we have been known to have snow on Halloween. I even remember a year when it was more blizzard than just a some snow on Halloween.

It is swapping time again. I have received my Knitters Tea Swap 4 and Knitters Coffee Swap 3 partners. A while ago I received my Harvest Sock Swap partner and my Knitting Around the World partner. I have contacted them all.

My monkey swap package is ready to go and here is one of the treats I will be adding to the socks I made along with the other goodies I am sending. This pattern can be found at Yvonne's etsy shop here: http://www.yvonneknits.etsy.com/ AND for another swap I am sending this. LOL It is a roll of toilet paper. AND here is a side view showing the knitted roll the knitted toilet paper is wrapped around.
You can find the pattern for the toilet paper roll and toilet paper here: http://mochimochiland.com/weblog/?p=169. Thank-you Anna for this fun pattern. I hope my swap partner likes it as much as I do. I did alter the pattern a bit in number of stitches.

Now on to answering swap questions.

From the Fall Felted Bag Exchange which I hope I am not to late in answering.

How often do you change the purse or bag you're carrying? Do you change based on seasons? Outfits? Something else? What's your favorite bag in the world (and it doesn't have to be a knit/felted one!)?
I tend to change my bags frequently. In fact, very frequently especially since I sell Avon. So I do change way more than just seasonally. How often I change depends on what is new and exciting at Avon, what season it is, maybe even where I am going and what I am wearing. I tend to carry my personal items separately in a pocketbook from my knitted items in a tote. Yes, that does mean I have to carry two bags but oh well. I have a lot of favorite bags. My favorite bag is the one I am using at the moment which today is the pink tote I have received from my SP11 partner for my knitting and a really nice new pewter pocketbook from Avon that is no longer available. I even sometimes end up carrying two totes and the second one I have been using is the one I received my angel in the ITE4. I sometimes carry my knitted items in just a plain tote and other times in a knitted &/or felted tote bag. I have a couple of really really large tote bags when they are needed and one is from my partner is the whoduknit tag sale swap. Believe me when I type I have a lot of bags. I am an original bag lady in more ways than one. Some of you who know me know what I mean by that.

From my Secret Pal 11 hostess Robyn:

Contest Number 4 will run until October 21st, 2007. You will have to post a picture of your first finished object and your most recent finished object and talk about how you feel you've improved in your knitter since the first!
Unfortunately I can't post a photo of my first project since I did it way back when I was in school decades ago. It was a pillbox hat with little round things but they weren't sequins. Those things that change with the light. For the life of me I can't think of what they are called. I thought is was awful and too stuffy but that was required of us nubby knitters. After that I knit a grass green wool v-neck sweater for myself but couldn't wear it. It was wool and very itchy. The wool then wasn't soft like the wool now. I didn't knit much after that again until I was married. My latest finished objects are shown above. I enjoy knitting much more now. I understand it better, the yarn choice is better, my stash has increased immensely, my tension has improved and I find it much more fun.

To end here is a photo of my knitting kitty Solara in her Psi Felted Bed. It was taken after her Thanksgiving dinner which was a treat from one of her aunties.

No comments: