Sunday, January 18, 2009

KNITTING PROJECTS #1

I have been busy knitting. Knitting for myself. Yes I have been the recipient of some of my own work which will be in another post. AND knitting for others, a couple for friends, the rest for swap buddies since NOT all my friends fully appreciate the work involved and the love knit or sewn in something I make. A project or two I would do differently next time and I am sure there will be a next time. Unfortunately, I can't show it to you as it goes to a swap partner. So without further ado here are some of my recently completed projects which I am able to show you as NOT to give away those that haven't been mailed yet. These are also on my ravelry project page with the particulars.

Yes I know some of these have already been blogged but I am just putting them all together in one blog now.

For my friend Vickie for the seasonal holiday just passed (I am not sure if she wanted it for Christmas or Hanukkah) I knit her a pair of Fetching in black made of a combinations of merino and possum yarn I received in a swap a couple of years ago. When she saw the ones I made my swap pal she got so excited about them and how it would keep her arthritic wrists warm she was almost drooling. So VOILA for Vickie.
These are the Fetching Vickie saw which she fell in love with. They were knit for my Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap partner. They are made with Rowan RYC Cashsoft Aran yarn.
For my addicted to knit dishcloth Christmas exchange partner in England I made her a pair of Mrs. Beeton wrislets. I knit them to match the sparkly Avon scarf I was sending her. It turned out to be a perfect match. I showed these to my friend Paula who after seeing them pulled our her new coat to show me how a pair for her would match her coat. So Paula got an identical pair. She also has the same sparkly scarf from Avon. These are knit with Araucania Ranco Multy for the ruffle part and with Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool double stranded for the cuff. I went down a needle size also. Both were extremely happy with their Mrs. Beeton wristlets.
While out with my friend Jennet she told me she needed a hat and we looked for one but she didn't see anything she liked. So for her birthday the first week in January I made her the Lisa Hat by Kirsten Kapur. She was very surprised I was able to knit it that quickly for her and was pleased to receive it. She has since told me it stretched some and asked if I had any yarn left so she could tighten it up. I used a sayelle yarn TLC. AND yes I have a fair bit of yarn left over to give her. I have knitted several items for her b/c she appreciates and wears what I knit and give her.

For another swap partner this past fall I knit the Misti Chunky Ribs and Ruffles Scarf by Nancy Kleiber. I used Diamond's Baby Alpaca yarn for this.
Close up of the scarf. It is a free pattern; it is easy and uses only one skein of yarn.
Since this is an old post that should have been completed and posted ages ago I will end it here and begin another with more projects I am working on and my Addicted to Knit Dishcloth swap Christmas package I received.

No comments: