Sunday, August 24, 2008

THE BIG BAG KAL and QUESTIONNAIRE

The Big Bag KAL and Swap Questionnaire

So I did join this KAL and swap and I did put the questionnaire on the swap blog under comments as required BUt I thought it would be good to put it on my blog also.

Do you knit, crochet, or do both? For how long?
I do both BUT mainly KNIT. My crocheting is very limited to non shaped items, mainly granny square. I have been knitting for years and years and years and years.

What other crafts do you do, if any?
I like to sew especially children’s clothes, bags and to quilt. I have been known to do needlepoint and embroidery but not for a long time and have tried cross stitch but haven’t finished anything yet.

What are your favorite colors? Colors you loathe?
I love love PINK PINK PINK. Other favorites include reds, blues, purples some greens, black and white. Even grey is fine. I do not care for orange, yellows, browns and certain greens like olive and lime. Mainly I am not fond of autumn or fall colors. BUT those colors can be nice occasionally in combinations with other colors such as pink and brown. It is just they are not my favorite and I have nothing to wear them with.

Favorite yarn brands? Fiber types? Yarn you can't stand?
I really don’t like PENTEX. There is use for all other yarns and yes I guess PHENTEX has it use for slippers that will never wear out and maybe scrubbies. I love sock wool, cashmere, alpaca, lace weight yarns, wools and wools that felts.

What is your favorite type of item to knit/crochet?
My most favorite is socks but lace shawls is coming in close behind. I do have to admit I also love to knit little toys and novelties, bags and totes (felted and non felted) which are tied with lace shawls. You can tell by looking at my raverly projects and not everything has made it to the page.

What kind of needles do you like? (i.e. circular, straight, metal, bamboo, etc.)
Any knitting tools you lack but crave?
I am trying to collect the Knit Picks Harmony DPNs. I have one pair of 2.25mm so far. I love bamboo DPNs and also have some of the metal Knit Picks DPNs which I also like for certain projects. I would like to have the Knit Picks lace needles also and all the Harmony DPNs. I love my Denise needles and use them instead of long needles. I have the blue set as the pink set wasn’t available when I purchased mine. I would love to have a ball winder and swiff but I don’t expect anyone to send that. Oh and I would love more of those little sock key chains. I haven’t figured out how to get them alone without the pattern which I now have. I have lots of small bits of sock yarn I could use also. I think they would make lovely Christmas gifts.

Patterns you've been dying to get but haven't yet?
Noni bag patterns, Plentiful Tote Pattern from Cloverhill Yarn Shop in Baltimore MD, more Cookie A sock patterns and and and….

Do you drink coffee, tea, cocoa? Flavors you love/hate?
YUP I drink coffee and tea, both hot and iced, flavored and regular and all colors of tea including chai. I only don’t like Irish Cream flavor coffee for some reason and abhor anything with black licorice, fennel or anise flavor. I like the premium coffees in bold roasts and also Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Favorite sweets & snacks?
I love JELLY BELLIES and cookies, ice-cream, chocolate, dark chocolate and Hershey’s chocolate with nuts. I have a bad sweet tooth.

Any pets, kids, spouses? Spouses that act like pets or kids? (j/k)
I have one feline furtoddler Solara who was two this past March.

Favorite things to knit/crochet for the above, if applicable?
There is a pattern of a hoodie I want to knit for Solara called Puppy Love Sweater in the Knit with Beads Beautiful Gifts book by Scarlet Taylor. I have the book so now I just need the yarn and beads for it. I also plan to knit her some socks.

What kinds of books do you like to read? Favorite authors or genres?
I read mysteries and am collecting Anne Hamilton of which I have two and read her first, the Sue Grafton alphabet series of which I have two but want to get them all before I start reading them. I read knitting mysteries. I have read all and have all but the latest Patricia Murphy Joe Grey PI cat mystery series. This latest book is due for release in Feb. I also read other books just stories type books such as Annie’s Fabulous Funeral which was excellent. I am looking forward to getting It Itches a Franklin book.

Do you collect anything? (besides yarn! LOL!)
Books, knitting accessories, patterns, fabrics, fat quarters, kitchen, cooking and baking items, magazines (cookbooks, knitting, recipe, sewing, quilting), cats, angels and fairies but now that I moved and no longer have a plate rail I don’t’ know where I will put those things.

What, if any, are your non-craft related hobbies?
Cooking, baking, gardening, playing on the computer, and I do some crossword puzzles but NOT sukodo as I have yet to figure out how to complete one.

Scents you adore? Scents that make you gag?
Karma from Lush is my new favorite, sandalwood oil from the body shop.

What is your idea of a relaxing time?
Knitting it soothes the soul when I am stressed

Oh yeah, are you on Ravelry and if so, care to share your Ravelry ID?
pennala

No comments: