Sunday, June 29, 2008

It is fun to be back blogging and sharing photos with you. I am going to start with my new place and then go to knitting.

Now I can show you some photos of the mess before I unpacked. It seems that I did take a few. You can see I am NOT kidding (Ha I originally typed NOT knitting) when I say what a mess.

Here is the dining room soon after I moved in.


Here is the living room after I moved in. My couch is against the window. It also got moved. That is the door to my backyard green space.
Way in the corner is my coffee table. The thing that you can only see the under side and the legs of. My girlfriend and I painted it "plaid" green and blues to match my couch and chair. The TV is on the floor but I soon will have a low entertainment unit for it and my stereo. For now the TV has been put on the coffee table.
Another view of the living room. You can see the start of the stairs going up.
Here are several pictures of my bedroom.



Yes the bed is on the floor. The frame of the futon not only wouldn't fit up the stairs but it was in such poor shape that I decided to chuck it. A mattress, box spring, frame and wood headboard is on it's way. I am inheriting my girlfriend's dads since he is in hospital and won't be going back home. It is his entertainment unit I am also getting. The air conditioner remains on the bedroom floor until I can get money and someone who is able to put it into the window making the appropriate window framing for it.

You can see the corner of my brown dresser and it now has a TV and VCR. My girlfriend Pat was getting rid of it and everything she owns and gave it to me. I almost was able to get her dinning room glass table and six chairs but the original person interested in it finally decided to pay for it and take it. Next I nearly had her LR set. The couch and two high back chairs and ottoman she had made but alas someone who wanted it came last minute and paid for it. So I am on the look for a oval or long rectangle coffee table and end tables, glass, mirrored and lighted curio cabinet, dining room table, chairs and china cabinet.

Here is my linen closet filling up quickly. It is at the top of the stairs.
Here is my bathroom with my Dollarama shower curtain.
My second bedroom which will be my computer, sewing, yarn, and lots of book room (notice I didn't mention fabric as that is downstairs in the basement). I even managed to get rid of two bags of fabric. It was hard but I did it!!! Here it is just after I set up the computer but didn't do much else.

As you can see here I have started to put stuff away. The table has only seven of the eight screws in the legs as I put down one and can only find the metal washer. OOPS
One day I decided it was time to start to put my yarn away, Here is what I accomplished on that first attempt.
Here it is today. Only I have so much yarn yet to find space for. I guess I will have to fill those baskets up with more yarns.
Here is some of the "more yarn" I have. This I will try to put on top of those apple crates in my closet where there is a lot of yarn in bags already stashed.
Here are some of my books (sewing, knitting, crafts, cooking and others). My magazines aren't unpacked yet. See how the shelf on the left is bowing. I need to replace that shelf before all those books collapse. The one on the right is leaning into the wall. In the basement I have 24 more boxes (not large boxes) of books and magazines. I guess I will eventually have to rearrange which books go where and put a book shelf in my bedroom so all my books can be accommodated and not in the basement in boxes. Here is that same bowing shelf with a new half shelf to the left of it.
So that is all the photos of the inside of my place I have now but here are some of the outside and the "garden".

Here are some perennials in front of my dining room window. I don't know what they are called. The yellow is some form of daisy but I have real daisies in the back.
This is the Sweet 100 patio cherry tomato plant I purchased from Wal-Mart. It even has yellow flowers on it.
Here is the front of my townhouse. That is my dining room window by the front door and the upstairs window is the second bedroom.
This is my neighbor's garden in front of her dining room window.

This is in the back yard. That is columbine a perennial plant. You can even see the little marker where I planted beans over a week ago and there are no little leaves showing still. I am going to plant more more more!!!

This is the lovely Dianthium Firewitch I received from my friend Anne as a house warming gift. The flowers are PINK.
My friend Vickie bought me this lovely PINK impatiens as a house warming gift.
Here is where some of my tomato plants are that were started from seed by my buddy Shelagh. She gave me seven plants of two different type of beef staking ones. The plants are larger now and today I bought some stakes and more beans. While out today at Canadian Tire I also got a hose a nozzle to attach to the hose, and a long green planter to put the mint in I have. I will probably put the lavender plant and parsley in it also. In the background you can see some lillies.
Here is my white plastic patio table. It has four chairs that need seat cushions. I also need an umbrella and stand. I have two of the striped patio chairs from my friend Pat. You can see the shadow the big pine tree is giving. It is only about six inches from the back of my fence.
So there you have it. What I waited four years to get. Isn't it lovely. It will be even lovelier when it is all set up but for now it is presentable for company and friends. Oh I am sorry I don't have any photos of the kitchen with my gas stove or the basement but then you really don't need to see photos of a basement.

So now I will go on to some knitting goodness. Photos as promised. YUP more photos.

Here are the lovely goodies I received in my swap from Allison in the first of four from the weluvknitting group. It came a while ago. Such a lovely package. I am looking forward to receiving the next. Of course, I now have to start to get stuff for her second package ready.

Allison knit me a couple of dishcloths which will always come in handy if not for dishes than for my dishclothghan, stickies, note pads, and candy shaped like maple leafs which was gone in a flash.

This is the MOD DEA Tweedle Dee I received.
AND here is a photo of the Bernat Boa yarn that was also in my package.
In my book or yarn swap from Laura that arrived the day I was supposed to move into my new place which I wasn't able to pick up for a few days after I moved and that I still didn't get to open for a few more days I received the following goodies. Check out the new book I received. It WAS on my wish list on my blog BUT now it is in my library. OOH I am so happy to get that book. And I got another Chibi although NOT a pink one a nice one just the same. AND my first pair of Knit Picks Harmony DPNs. How lucky can a knitter be? Those were such lovely gifts but that wasn't all I received.
I also got some post cards from California, a kite which I haven't flown in years, a book bracelet, a key chain, and even Solara got a treat. Lucky Kitty!!!
AND there was more in the box. Look at those Jelly Bellys and one package is my fave fave fave POPCORN!!!. There is also an assorted package of Jelly Bellys, two boxes of flavored Splenda which we can't get here, a tin of Altoids a variety which we can't get here either and a pink knitted dishcloth.
BUT as if that wasn't enough in the box I discovered the following beauty treats: fancy tissues for my nose, two bars of soap which smell devine Oatmeal and Lavender, a spa foot mask, foot file nd nail file.
It was another lovely swap package received.

I have yet to hear from anyone at the Knitters Scavenger Hunt Swap since May. I wrote again to the hostess but haven't heard from her or my partner who said she sent out one package that I never got. Guess I won't be joining that swap again. BUT not hearing from the hostess makes me even more sad. It is as if since I am the only one waiting for a package it is okay to forget me.

I did however get a swap package this weekend. Last weekend again I got a call on my phone from my old address buzzer system and it was the postman who delivers packages. He took my new address down. I didn't get to hear who it was from as the phone cut off but it was delivered and it was my Spring Coffee and Yarn Swap package that I seem to have forgotten about in the move. My partner was Jessica. I will post what I recieved and photos in my next blog. I haven't taken the photos yet. BUT if you are reading my blog Jessica here is an initial THANK-YOU. And those Chocoate Expresso Truffles are delicious.

AND on to my knitting project the Clapotis Shawl

Well I went swimming at the frog pond with my fins on. After much discussion with knitting buddies of mine it was decided it would be way too big and then I wasn't even sure I would have enough to finish it with so there I was doing what it seems I do naturally. RIP RIP RIP I have restarted it using my Hand Maiden Sea Silk in raspberry. I have two skeins I planned on using to make the Storm Water Shawl. It sure feels different knitting with this yarn after knitting with the heavier yarn I was using for the Clapotis Shawl. AND I even have the pattern down making it easier still to knit over.

AND I know I promised you photos of my ugliest FUG and here it is: GAG GAG I am not sure whatever possessed me to knit this. I only have attached one sleeve and then really took a good look at it. The colors are so bad together especially the two sleeves. Stripes going across, different yarn textures. I guess it was the Woolman who encouraged me to knit this. He died way back in 1990 so you know how long it has been lying dormant as a UFO. Anyone want it? Email me and it is yours.


AND where is Solara while I have been blogging? In the LR on "her" chair.

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

WOW, that post reminded me of why I stay in this little money pit of a house, lol. Moving is way way way too much work, lol.

aniexma said...

Holy Smoke! You have alot of stuff for a single gal. You'll have to take photos once a place is found for it all (I've been in my new place for almost four years and I'm still trying to arrange everything.)

Love that shower curtain - it's so you.